Thursday, November 4, 2010

This is ridiculous....

I just felt the need to express how ridiculously good the newest The National album is.  I would go as far as saying it's orgasmic.  Yes, Yes, this is actually old news.  But I listened to it a ton when it first came out, then forgot about it for a while, and now I'm listening to it again and still love it.  The production is superb.  Also, every song has its own way of being completely relevant to any situation.... (seriously, just listen to "Sorrow" during a time of happiness and joy, it still works!)  It's the soundtrack of personal-statement-writing that I am currently being overwhelmed with right now... which is good.  I need lyrics that don't necessarily mean anything, but mean everything, all at the same time.  After all, these are the best kind...

Also, I have a theory... "Lemonworld" is TOTALLY about Evelyn Waugh and the Lygon sisters of which it is speculated much of his novel Brideshead Revisited is based upon.  Read this article, read the lyrics to "Lemonworld" and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment